Copyright Protected 1.0

FreeCopyright.org Registered & Protected 
XUML-ALHA-3IPI-EY2M

Copyright Protected

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Parole Pou Ayiti (Words for Haiti) @Circle of Hope/1st official show in Philly, new bounds

Wow.....



...is one of many things I can say about my first trip back to PA in years. Specifically, Philadelphia. First off, I'd definitely like to thank my brother in "Werds" & knowledge, Werdsman (poet) for the opportunity and honor; of feat. for a good cause. Circle of Hope was a very welcoming venue. Though the ride to Philly(abt. 3hrs.) was cool too. The jokes...the shit we talked...bananas!! Lol. Took a extra couple mins to locate the place when arriving. But good folks behind the event, April and the two other sisters (forgot their names, but were fun to hang w/after leaving the spot); we nice and attentive to me, SoSoon and Werdsman upon arrival.

I ended up starting the show off with a bang! With 4 pieces I introduce myself to Philly with. My cam mem. card only had enough to rec. 3 1/2 of them though. :( Did some of my classics, "Ode to the Poet (Will you spit or swallow..?), "This Woman" (one of my newer ones), "Beat the Beast" and a brand new one I finished my set of with called, "Unfinished". I dug how much they were captivated by my work and got an experience out of it. :) The young youth poet, Jamillah ripped the stage as well. I'm feeling her work. And she on the Philly youth slam team. Only 18 yrs/old! Banger!! One o the next banger artists, was another one of my brothers in Words & knowledge, MC SoSoon. All of his tracks were gr8! Shout out to him, and my sister in words & Knowledge, NASSUNNI da Poet!! Good peoples!! :) Kilt it herself on the mic. Much love for her, and those eyes...whooo...she lucky she spoken for. Thats all I'm saying. smh.

Open mikers where good too. Good to hear some new styles from a brother by the name of Christopher. And a familiar poem used by another open mic artist via poet laureate/teacher Taylor Moli. Who also used to teach. (With much encouragement, performed that piece with the right amount of potency required)

Also, at the end of the show I gained some new friends and supporters. Not to mention, a new lil fan. lol. One of the features(Claudia Streets) son came up behind me an gave my legs a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug. smh. Handsome lil devil. Seems my words are reaching multiple generations!! Yay!! :o) After the show, me and my bandit brothers 3, from...new york, and two sisters behind the show as well as two of the open micers....went out to dinner. We ain't good. Definitely had nuff hearty laughs to go with an equally hearty meal. And for all my fam and friends that keep suggesting and requested....yes I got a official Philly Cheese steak before leaving town. I got pics to prove it too!! Lmao!!

Anyway, lastly but not least, I swear, I almost went into Philly single and came out...spoken for. Some banger looking sisters where every place we went. Lawd have mercy! And there was this one chick, that when we finally found a parking spot, a few blks from the restaurant; was at her car across the street from us....barefoot. And I was thinking, when she got out the car, has she been driving that way too...? (by the way, a cute ass milk chocolate queen) even when she got back in her ride and, drove off bare feet mind you, couldn't stop thinking bout her....for the next 5-10 min. All was on my mind was her and Usher's "Lil freak" playing in my head. 4real! Lol!!
I now made a discovery....that fine ass women, especially from Philly, that walk and drive around bare feet....is mad sexy to me. B-)

Ok, now, lastly, before leaving the restaurant(which was called Philly Reef), we all got together for a photo opt. So then, our party of 7 became a party of 5 when the two brothas from open mic part of the show called it a night. Afterward, the two ladies, which we walked back to their car, did the same. Our last destination b4 Trip out of Philly, Fat Tuesdays. SoSoon had him a drink. And I got a $1 shot to wake me up some. Since I was getting hit hard by the "ITIS" from the meal early on. It was well past midnight by then. But as soon as it hit around 2am, the club shut down for the night. Now I'm sure there were still spots in NY bumping around this time for sure. :)Culminating the night, we headed back on the road to NY. PHILLY....YOU ARE NOW MY 3RD UNOFFICIAL HOME!! As far as performing goes and cause your breathtaking women thats flooded you in your streets. :-D I look forward to coming back with product on hand in the future!

Thank you and good night!!...or morning I guess. Smh.

-Abe

No comments: